Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Special Update from a Special Girl

A quick update post.

First, this little blog has over 1,000 views as of today! I know a chunk of that is from spam sites but I feel confident that there are infertile spammers that have benefitted from my wit and wisdom.
Second, I had my follow up blood work after my cancelled D&C. On Monday, my HCG was 323. Today, Thursday, it was 334. What? I don't get it. I'm increasingly pregnant with nothing. Tomorrow morning I will be given a Methotrexate injection to put an end to all this. With my luck I'll still need further intervention. (A tip: don't google 'methotrexate' because it will scare the poop out of you.)

Third, for those of you who have found me via the blogosphere and are embarking on your IVF journey please know that this is not normal. There's very little chance that any of this will happen to you. Sadly, you may get pregnant and miscarry just as normal fertile ladies do, however there is virtually no chance that you will 1) fail to miscarry naturally, 2) schedule and cancel a D&C, and 3)have to medically induce a miscarriage. For a typical first trimester miscarriage, it's just one of the three: natural, D&C, or medical. I'm just very special and have gotten a taste of all the flavors. Don't steal my thunder.

Finally, in honor of National Infertility Awareness Week (which admittedly was last week), I recommend you pass out condoms and birth control laced sweets to your overly fecund loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my God, I am so sorry. That SUCKS.

    The weird thing is that I just went for my first post-D&C HCG test today when I probably should have gone last week or sooner. I realized when I had to force myself to go this morning that it was something I've been dreading. It's no fun when you're waiting for the number to go down, right? And even worse for you. I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes well from here on out.

    ReplyDelete