Saturday, April 6, 2013

Being Dramatic = Excellent Service

You would not believe the level of service you get when you call the doctor's office and tell the receptionist, "I am about 5 weeks pregnant and bleeding heavily." Incredible. Frankly I felt like a princess. I'm going to try that line next time I'm at an exclusive restaurant and am told that there is an hour wait for a table.

Really I'm 4 weeks and 6 days but that just doesn't have the same poetic effect.

I was put through to the resident who conferred with the director of the clinic. There's not much that the doctors can do or say at this point other than try to confirm that this isn't an ectopic pregnancy. I'm not in pain so it's unlikely - silver lining du jour! They have me supplementing with additional progesterone bring my vaginal excursions to a total of 4 times daily.
Today the bleeding has slowed down a lot. Don't get me wrong, there's still blood. Just much less. Which means...who knows. So we continue to wait until Wednesday for the OB scan.

Today J admitted that he's jealous when he hears other people are expecting. Major victory. Hetero infertility is so unfair both biologically and emotionally. As a woman, your partner often has the coping skills of a carrot.

No comments:

Post a Comment